As the holiday season approaches, it is important for us to remember what also comes this time of year, winter weather!
Preparing for winter weather is one of my favorite things to do. Before the holidays, I check my Emergency Supply Kit to make sure I have the right supplies if I have to stay home for a few days during a winter storm. Some items I always make sure I have are:
• Flashlights and batteries
• Non-perishable foods ( such as pasta, peanut butter and tuna)
• Water ( 1 gallon per person in my family per day)
• First Aid Kit
• Extra medication
• Pet food and supplies for my dog
Since it is the winter, I also make sure I have:
• Extra blankets
• Board games
• Hot chocolate and marshmellows
I suggest each of you take a few moments before the holidays and check your Emergency Supply Kits to make sure they have what you may need for a winter emergency. While you prepare for the winter, be sure to check out my Winter Word Search found here.
Peace and Snowflakes,