I hope that you are well and have been staying cool. As the summer continues, it’s important that you take steps each day to be safe from the heat.
Last week, I visited the Staten Island Jewish Community Center camp, and we spoke about the importance of heat safety.
Some heat tips talked about were:
• Remember to drink a lot of water instead of sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit punch.
• Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing.
• If you’re going to be outside, be sure to wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.
• Visit a public pool to cool off, and to have some fun! Always be sure to have a grownup present when you use a pool.
• Check on your elderly neighbors and relatives during a heat wave.
• If you ever feel dizzy or lightheaded when outside, be sure to tell an adult right away.
Here are some pictures from the day! Thanks again for having me, JCC! It was a blast.
Peace and SPF,