As you can tell by the warm weather we are having today, spring is here! Spring is one of my favorite seasons to be outside. New York City is home to so many great parks and playgrounds in each borough. I like to spend a lot of my free time in the park- there is always something fun to do when you are there!
A few weeks ago, I attended the Annual Health Fair at Lakeside in Prospect Park. Lakeside has a lot of fun things to do when you visit. I had a blast roller-skating and learned some new tricks!
I wanted to share with you all some important safety tips when spending time outside at a park or playground this spring.
1. Be sure to always let a grownup know where you are going. Never go into a park or playground by yourself.
2. Be sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, or sunglasses when the sun starts to get strong.
3. Be sure to pack water and snacks if you are going to be outside for a long period of time.
4. Try to spend some time in the shade to cool off if you are in the sun for a while.
5. Clean up the park! Be sure to throw away any garbage or paper left over in the parks to keep them clean and safe for all of us to use.
To find a park near you, visit
To find fun kids events, visit
Be sure to say hi to my friend Pearl the Squirrel if you see her at a park!
Peace and swing sets,